As part of the Visitor Experience at Balmoral, the Royal Warrant Holders Association was delighted to be asked to create a Royal Warrant Holders Exhibition explaining the history behind the granting of a Royal Warrant and in particular the connection between the Royal Households across the UK and the companies’ providing services to those households.
This permanent exhibition was officially opened on Thursday 16th June 2022 by our National President and Balmoral’s Resident Factor.
Content within the exhibition includes:
- Information on the newest Warrant Holders appointed in 2022, providing services to the Balmoral Estate.
- Stories from the local area from Royal Warrant Holding companies including ‘The Diamond Jubilee Cairn’ erected in 2021, ‘Oatcakes & Shortbread’ from Walkers Shortbread, ‘Business and Trade’ with James Cordiner & Son Limited, ‘Balmoral Vehicles’ from Alan Scott Panel Beater and Paint Sprayer, ‘The Jubilee Sausage’ from H M Sheridan and ‘The Finest Quality Spirit’ from Royal Lochnagar.
- Information on the National Royal Warrant Holders Association including how Royal Warrants of Appointment are granted, Grantors & Grantees, the network of Local Associations, The Royal Warrant Holders Association Charity Fund and The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust.
- The history of The Royal Warrant from the 12th century to the present day.
- Heraldic information in relation to the Warrant.
The Warrant Holders Cabinet, presented to Balmoral in the year 2000, was also renewed with an up-to-date list of Warrant Holding companies.
Thanks, in completing this project go to the team at Balmoral, Honorary Secretary and his team at Mearns & Gill, the Royal Warrant Holders Association and Passell & Platform 2 Exhibitions.